1. Basil promotes heart health. Basil may be a flavorful addition to our kitchen cuisine, but it’s also rich in beta-carotene and other carotenoids , powerful antioxidants that protect cells from free radical damage and cholesterol. Basil is also an excellent source of magnesium, improving blood flow, and promoting cardiovascular health and wellbeing.
2. Basil advances healthy skin. Essential oils found in basil have long been effective as organic alternatives in treating dry skin, acne and psoriasis.
3. Basil prevents some cancers. Not just a delicious addition to tomato-based sauces, basil’s antioxidant properties and flavonoids protect cell structures from damage inflicted by free radicals, important in cancer prevention and overall good health and wellness.
4. Basil boosts the immune system. Basil’s not just an herb to sprinkle on spaghetti. No, indeed, basis has important antibacterial properties. When applied to the skin or surfaces, basil fights back against bacteria and so much more.
5. Basil promotes a healthy gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Not just any old herb, basil’s got anti-inflamatory properties second-to-none that can provide much-needed relief from all kinds of conditions, including inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) conditions. Basis is also reportedly helpful in treating constipation, indigestion, stomach cramps, and more.